Monday, September 22, 2008

Anthro-Technology Report


My assignment was to figure out the technology culture at Sitka High School. My approach:

  • Research school documents: I found every piece of literature that the school and district published regarding technology and computers.
  • Researched on web. I knew that SHS had MAT students in the past and I read their reports "anthrotech" reports. I based interview questions and my list of interviewees off of that report. I also asked the school secretary, librarian, and my mentor teacher who I could talk to about technology.

I learned a lot.

  • I learned that teachers are increasingly using technology in the classroom because technology makes life better
  • Lack of training and the lack of stream-lined hardware/software make it difficult to fully utilize available resources.
  • Students are increasing turning to technology for recreation, for communication, and for socialization.
  • Teachers can be bridge builders connecting people as technology stratifies generations and socio-economic groups.
  • Teachers must know and use available tools of technology in order to prepare today’s students for the unknown future.

You can see details in The Full Report

No comments: